Friday, December 5, 2008

Home Again

We are home again, abiding in the lovely, warm (both in the physical and emotional sense) abode of 5804 Harborview Lane.  My parents were kind to welcome us back in their door again, to live under their roof, eat their food, run-up their utility bill...(Thanks Mom & Dad!) until we know what our next step will be.  In all seriousness, we could not be in a more comfortable position. Their house is designed in such a way that we feel like the downstairs is a separate entity all together.  But even if we did not have our own space, I don't think that we could ever grow tired of each other.
 
I don't have long to type, but I did want to share some specific prayer requests.  
Please pray that the Lord will give us wisdom and discernment as we are feeling a bit overwhelmed about the road ahead.  There are specific therapies and other interventions that John David is needing, and there are so many resources available (which is a cause for praise!) But, on the other hand, it can be overwhelming.  Please pray for the Lord to make it abundantly clear which resources to utilize, and out of those resources, which ones will be best for John David.  Also, please pray for even more discernment as treatments, therapies, and other interventions are being prescribed for John David.  Pray for sensitivity to the Holy Spirit and for boldness to speak up if something doesn't sit well in our souls.  We know that we are John David's advocates and know him better than anyone else.  Pray that God will lead each step that we take down this path that He has designed, in His kindness and in His sovereignty.   Thank you to you all who are praying so faithfully for us.  It is so obvious to us that we have many interceding on our behalf.  Please continue, for as souls bought by the blood of Christ, your prayers are powerful and effective (James 5:16). 

9 comments:

Susanna said...

Glad to know you all made it back safely and that you are "home" again. I have missed your wisdom and love the last few days around here ... but that is for an email. Just wanted to say welcome home.

Robyn said...

Thank you for the update. Praying for your family.

Anonymous said...

David & Katie, I heard about John David at church the other week. You are all in my prayers! If you need anything while here in Tuscaloosa let me know! I would love to see you guys!
Melanie Campbell

David Pope said...

Hey, ya'll. Cindy and I (the Popes) have missed you around here and wanted you to know that we got your prayer card and hope to be able to keep in touch. Feel free to sign up for our blog as well at www.finding-purpose.blogspot.com.

Love you.

Anonymous said...

Katie,
hi there - this is the lady that you and your sweet husband helped with a dead battery at Chic Fil A in Athens a few months ago..your aunt Susan Pugh gave me the blog address (I lost it - sorry) and told me about John David and your delay in going into the mission field. I just wanted to tell you that I am praying for you all and hope to see you next time you are in Athens - email me at misti_morrow@hotmail.com
Blessings,
Misti Fillingame

Josh and Kristin said...

I'm praying for you guys!!!!

Stephen, Rachel and Caleb Webb said...

Hey Kizziah family! Stephen and I love you guys and are praying with you all. Would love to see you sometime!

Stephen, Rachel and Caleb Webb said...

Thanks for the sweet note! Our address is
205 Primrose Path
Sylacauga, AL 35150

Merry Christmas!

Heather Joy said...

David and Katie, I have been reading your blog. It is a great way to catch up with you guys. I look forward to talking with you soon, Katie. I love you!
Heather