Monday, November 23, 2009

Weekend of Blessing

My friend, Julianne Jordan Butler, is expecting a little boy - Jeremiah Luke - at the beginning of January.  Claire and I were able to go to Birmingham this weekend for Julianne's baby shower.  What a wonderful time we had celebrating the upcoming arrival of baby Jeremiah and visiting with some dear friends.           

me, Jessica, Julianne, Linn & Liza

...and baby Jeremiah!

These precious girls and I have so many childhood memories that will forever make me smile (and many, down right belly laugh! :) and will always be stored in the "priceless" section of my heart.  I love these girls and I'm so thankful for their consistent love and friendship throughout the years, despite distance and time between "connecting."  I love the instant comfort and kindredness that we share - no matter how long it has been - as if we have never been apart. They are all godly women who love the Lord and are serving Him with their lives.  I am so thankful that Claire was able to meet these women who have had such an impact on her mother. :)  

I praise the Lord for His grace in allowing each of you to be a part of my life.  It's an honor to call you friend.  

3 comments:

teresa pugh said...

how this takes me back. . . to another time and my own little girl and her little forever friends. I can squint me eyes just a bit and see 5 tiny, precious faces that i love so much. Thanks for posting this and letting me return for another moment to one of my favorite times in life...God blessed us when He took us there and we found such kindred spirits. :) MOM

Liza said...

I am sitting here at my desk at work with tears flowing as I read this blog along with your mom's response. After I left this weekend I again was refreshed, re energized, and encouraged as I am every time I get to spend time with all of you. How fun it is to have those "belly" laughs and squeeze on three chairs while the Sunday morning bathroom stall runs fresh in our minds. I am thankful for each of you and look forward to the next time we are all together. Love to you all!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Thank you for your words, two of my dearest friends!