Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Four Years of Gratitude

"This is the LORD's doing; It is marvelous in our eyes."
Psalm 118:23

Tomorrow David and I celebrate 4 years of marriage . . . my how the time has flown, yet it seems strange to try and remember life without him.  I am so grateful to our Father for giving me such a precious husband, who lavishes me with undeserved love and who daily seeks to put my needs before his own.  I praise the Lord for allowing me to walk through this life as the wife of David Kizziah.  Although many would have loved to have that title, thank you, David, for choosing me.  Thank you for saying "I DO" four years ago.  Although on May 14th I didn't think it could, my love for you grows deeper and deeper with each day.  Thank you for being such a wonderful example of a husband who seeks to love his wife as Christ commands, striving to live with me "in an understanding way."  I know I am hard to figure out so often; but thank you for being patient and trying to understand, causing me - through your words and actions - to never, ever doubt your love.  Oh, I am most blessed among women!  I love you . . . my husband, my friend.  


"How handsome you are, my beloved . . . Like an apple tree among the trees of the forest, so is my beloved among the young men.  In his shade I took great delight and sat down . . . and his banner over me is love." 
Song of Solomon 1:16, 2:3&4

No comments: