Thursday, March 11, 2010

Thursday's Thanksgivings

The day is almost done, but I did not want it to pass without mentioning some thanksgiving.

I am so thankful for time to fellowship with fellow brothers and sisters in Christ. Though we are commanded in Scripture to do this, sometimes I forget how much I need it. It is so necessary for our souls. We were not meant to walk through this Christian pilgrimage by ourselves. As the Body of Christ, we really do need one another. (Hebrews 3:13, Hebrews 10:24) I was reminded of that tonight as our family had some good hang out time with two precious families here in Tuscaloosa. Between the three couples, 8 children - age 7 and under - were present as well. So needless to say, having time to chat (believe it or not, we actually had time to chat! :) with these ladies, in the same boat as me, was much needed. My heart was refreshed and encouraged. (And both my children did GREAT tonight! An answer to prayer. You never know how it is going to go when you are out for the evening!) For this, I am very thankful.

No comments: