Monday, February 8, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


It is Monday afternoon now, and much has already taken place this day. In response to the post below, we had a wonderful concluding session of John David's re-evaluation. Thank you to those who were praying for us during this time. The Lord is so good, so kind and wise in all of His ways. I will share more details later, I'm sure.

But on to the new Scripture passage for this week. Yes, I'd thought we'd be ambitious and try to memorize two verses again. Hopefully we will be disciplined to do this and end the week with 9 additional verses in our tool belt. Like I mentioned in the first "Scripture Memory Monday" post, you don't have to memorize the same verses as I am. You don't even have to be tracking with me at all. The main point is to be hiding God's Word in our hearts and keeping it at the forefront of our minds, for it indeed "is a lamp unto our feet and a light unto our path" (Psalm 119:105). In that first post I also mentioned that I am not disciplined in this area. But making these posts each Monday has been so helpful to me. I pray that you have found it to be the same.

I thought that this passage, speaking of the lovingkindness of God and the pleasure that He brings, was fitting for the week, especially since we are approaching Valentine's Day. Some people love this holiday; others will tell you that they hate it. Whether or not you have a certain "Valentine" in your life, as a child of God, you can specifically celebrate His unconditional love on this day and the fact that He is the Lover and Pursuer of our souls.

"How precious is Your lovingkindness, O God!
Therefore the children of men put their trust under the shadow of Your wings.
8 They are abundantly satisfied with the fullness of Your house,
And You give them to drink of from the river of Your pleasures."
Psalm 36:7-9 (NKJV)

I know that each week I have posted Scripture in the English Standard Version (ESV). But I thought I'd post a little New King James today. Some people like to memorize all from the same translation. Click here to see this passage in the ESV, if you prefer to be consistent.

No comments: