Sunday, February 7, 2010

Struggles That Stir a Longing

Tomorrow (Monday) morning is the last session of John David's re-evaluation process. We are so thankful that we have been able to have this evaluation done at this time. David and I want to be sure that we are doing everything that we can to serve our precious son that the Lord has entrusted to us while on this earth. What a huge responsibility. While we know that the Lord is completely in control of every day of John David's life, we want to be good stewards of our son, and we desire to please the Lord with each moment of this stewardship.

Please join us in praying for our time tomorrow. John David will have one more session of testing, and then the rest of the time the professionals will be meeting with David and I regarding how to best meet John David's unique needs.

We would be so grateful for your prayers for us, that the Lord will give those evaluating John David wisdom and discernment. And we are praying for those same things for ourselves. What a blessing to have friends and family who graciously love, support, and encourage us through this journey of life. This journey that is, indeed, but a vapor.

Yet, as we travel this journey, each of us will face our own allotted struggles. Knowing that the Lord allows each circumstance - difficult or delightful - for our good and His glory, we also know that everything we encounter should, in some way, point us to our King and further stir in our hearts a longing for His return.

I can't tell you how many times thinking of my sweet John David has caused me to long even more for Christ's coming. And no matter what he has to go through, one day, he will know no pain or struggle; anxiety will be gone and uncertainty no more. To know that my son will one day be perfected; oh, how my heart rejoices! But on those really hard days, I am thankful to have my dear husband to help me keep things in perspective. David often reminds me that, for those who have been bought with the blood of our Savior, no matter what we have to go through on this earth, "This is as close to hell as we will ever get!" Hallelujah!

So, let's join together in proclaiming, "Come, Lord Jesus!" We long to see Your face. How glorious to no longer see the effects of our fallen world (sickness, disease, fear, pain, autism....) We long for the fullness of freedom and joy in Your presence. Yes, "Come, Lord Jesus!"

I know that it will be completely and utterly overwhelming for everyone who enters into eternal rest and the fullness of the reality of the presence of our Triune God! But I can't help but think that for those for which even the small daily tasks - like making conversation or looking into someone's eyes - is a chore, heaven may be just a bit more overwhelming. I know I am thinking with my mind that is unable to understand in the slightest bit what God has prepared for all of those who love Him (1 Corinthians 2:9). But, no matter what, we will be amazed!

3 comments:

teresa pugh said...

How delightful to see those little eyes gazing upward with a gasp of joy. That is but a shadow of what is to come as we will be like Him for we shall see Him just as He is. The pictures says it all. I don't know what he was looking at but I can only imagine that precious face looking into the piercing eyes of our Lord and not being able to look away. Come Lord Jesus!!! My T

Chad & Amber said...

Amen, my sister...what an eternal perspective you have.

What a day that will be when my Jesus I shall see!!

Love you-

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Thank you both for your love and support for our little family. We need you...