Sunday, October 25, 2009

Rejoicing with those who Rejoice!

This past Tuesday, my sweet friend - Amber Darty Rollins, along with her husband Chad - officially welcomed James Anthony Rollins into their family.  For almost a year they have been in the process of adopting sweet baby James.  No longer a baby, he has grown into a precious little boy who has been lavished with so much love from Chad, Amber, and the rest of the Darty/Rollins family.  We are truly rejoicing with this dear couple who have prayed for a child for so long.  Although the Lord answered their prayers in His own kind, wise, and perfect way, He indeed has blessed them immeasurably.  After being in the courtroom for the final hearing on his adoption and officially receiving custody of James, Amber made the comment . . . "Not the delivery room, but just as sweet."  

We love this family and are so thankful for their lives.  What a ministry they are already having through the story that our Sovereign God has written for their lives.  For more on their story, you can visit their blog by clicking HERE.  (They are also on our list of blogs as the Rollins family.)  

1 comment:

Chad & Amber said...

My dear friend, Katie, you have ministered to my heart! I am so humbled by your kind words and so grateful for your joy over this adoption! My cup runeth over! Thank you so much for your kindness. I wish the miles didn't seperate us. Maybe...I can make a trip up to Bama in the spring? I would love to see the boys play and get my hands on that sweet baby girl!

Love you!
Amber