Monday, December 6, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


I am very thankful that we are getting to worship with my family these last few weeks before we move.  It's really been a blessing.  Last Monday, I shared about how I had been challenged and convicted by my Dad's sermon that previous Sunday (which I have not been able to find online yet.  I hope to share a link to it here soon.)  Well, this Sunday was no different. 

It's late now, and there's so much that I would like to say about it.  I think I'll just share bullet points of application from his message for now.

  • How is my walk with the Lord?  Can I truly say to others, as Paul did: "Follow me as I follow Christ?" 
  • How is my witness?  Paul said he was "all things to all people, that by all means [he] might save some."  Am I willing to reach out of my comfort zone, to make sacrifices [even extreme ones], in order to make a difference in the lives of others for the glory of God?  Do I labor over the lost (through earnest prayer and faithful action) as I should? 
  • Is my "religion" just a means of enjoying my pride in a morally acceptable way?  Paul's goal was not to draw a crowd or to draw people to himself.  He wanted to love others by pointing them to Christ.  Is this my aim?
  • Do I do what I do for the glory of God or for the praise of men?  
I thought these were all great questions to chew on.  Thanks, Dad.  And, again, each one was very, very convicting.     

I thought that I would try to meditate on Paul's ministry philosophy this week.
Oh, that my life would be spent radically loving God and others.  Period.  

 I pray for grace to be willing to do whatever that takes.


"[22] To the weak I became weak, that I might win the weak. I have become all things to all people, that by all means I might save some. [23] I do it all for the sake of the gospel, that I may share with them in its blessings." 1 Corinthians 9:22-23 (ESV)

No comments: