Tuesday, June 8, 2010

My Very Own "Shepherd Boy David"

To say that John David loves the story of David and Goliath would be an understatement!  


This particular Bible story was the theme of his 3rd birthday party that was held May 30th at our home.  It was a small family party - upon John David's request - and I was fine with that, especially since we are still trying to get settled into our new house.  Because our days have been filled with many other "to-dos" lately, sorting through the hundreds of pictures from his party (Thank you, Miss Melanie!) is not something I have found time for.  I should be sleeping now, but I thought that while I could, I would post another ONE of my favorites from that special day.  


I am so thankful for my little shepherd boy.  


   

6 comments:

Melanie Campbell said...

I love this picture! Sorry there are so many for you to go through! I still can't believe I took so many pictures that day - but hopefully you will find many you like! :) So glad I was able to be a part of his birthday!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

No apologies, Melanie. That is EXACTLY what I wanted you to do ~ Take tons of pictures of everything! You did take so many good ones, and I'm so thankful to have the party documented so well. Now, which ones to post....:)

Lynn said...

Just make an album on facebook and upload them all! We could vote on the ones we think should make it to the blog. (I might want some of those Melanie got of James.)

Melanie Campbell said...

Lynn, I did get some great pictures of James, and some beautiful ones of you & James! :)

joy said...

KATIE!!!!! Hi sweet long lost friend! Your babies are precious! I am so so thankful that i found your blog today! the verse from last monday was posted just for me. (well you know of course that God knew that i would be reading your blog today and i am sure that many others have found much encouragement from you) Just the thought of you encourages me!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Lynn~ Melanie did get some great pictures! (I told you 750; it was actually 792 . . . that would be a big fb album! ;) I'll get them up soon.

And thank you SO MUCH Melanie for documenting JD's party so well.

Oh, Joy! :) Truly, It is nothing short of pure JOY and delight to hear from you. Thank you for your encouraging words. Yes, and praise the Lord His Word is always that to our hearts. Thank you for taking time to comment. I see that you too have a blog. So fun! I can't wait to catch up on your precious family. I am thankful for technology for many reasons, specifically reconnecting with special friends. You, my dear, indeed have meant so much to me and my family. We love you, Mrs. Finch! :)