Monday, June 28, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


Last Monday, the Lord stirred my heart to meditate on what it means to fear God.  I wanted to continue to ponder this for the week, praying that the Lord will grant me grace to truly understand it, apply it and cause it to permeate every aspect of my life.    

As I think about the verse below, it thrills me to know that one day the whole earth WILL fear the Lord, see His glory, and stand in awe of Him!  One day it will be impossible for those who now deny Him to deny any longer.  But until that Day, may we be busy working to spread the glory and wonder of Who God is to the ends of the earth, in order that men may experience the fear of God that drives them to holy obedience instead of that which drives them to pray for mountains and rocks to fall on their heads to hide from the wrath of the Lamb (Revelation 6:16).   

Oh, to fear God as I ought...this is my prayer.


"Let all the earth fear the LORD;
Let all the inhabitants of the world stand in awe of Him." 
Psalm 33:8 (ESV)

  

No comments: