Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Clothed in His Righteousness

"And Jesus said to them, 
'The cup that I drink you will drink, 
and with the baptism with which I am baptized, 
you will be baptized...'"
(Mark 10:39b)

My younger brother had the privilege of baptizing his precious wife 
- and sister in Christ - yesterday evening.
 “'John baptized with the baptism of repentance, telling the people to believe in the one who was to come after him, that is, Jesus.'”
(Acts 19:4)

I was so thankful that it worked out for our family to attend this service.
It was such a blessing.  
Christ was exalted. 

"And because of him you are in Christ Jesus, who became to us wisdom from God, righteousness and sanctification and redemption"
(1 Corinthians 1:30)


"I will greatly rejoice in the LORD; my soul shall exult in my God,
for He has clothed me with the garments of salvation;
He has covered me with the robe of righteousness . . . "
(Isaiah 61:10a)




Kameron faithfully preached the Gospel of Christ,
 clearly explaining the ordinance of baptism.


"But if Christ is in you, although the body is dead because of sin, 
the Spirit is life because of righteousness."
(Romans 8:10)


"....and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, 
but that which comes through faith in Christ, 
the righteousness from God that depends on faith..."
(Philippians 3:9)



"We were buried therefore with him by baptism into death, in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead by the glory of the Father, we too might walk in newness of life."
(Romans 6:4)


I was disappointed that my camera froze upon her rising from the water,
but it was a beautiful picture and glorious proclamation 
"of a baptism of repentance for the forgiveness of sins"
(Mark 1:4)

I am so thankful for Kameron and Olivia and the ministry to which the Lord has called them. 
By God's grace, they are being ever faithful to that calling.

1 comment:

molly b. said...

how beautiful. we miss you, sweet friend!