Thursday, August 12, 2010

Thursday's Thanksgivings


Our week has been busy as John David has started back to school.  Packing lunches, trying to get to bed earlier, waking up and getting out the door to be at school on time . . . these things can still be a bit challenging as David and I learn to care for two children who have simultaneous needs.  

So, I guess the first thing that I should mention here is that I'm so thankful for a husband who is so very helpful.  Truly, I don't know how single parents do it.

 
This picture was taken back in December.  I felt like it was very "Super Dad-esque."
 David, please forgive me for just standing by and holding the camera. 


And then I must mention how grateful I am that the Lord has allowed John David to have a great beginning to this school year.  He has great teachers and precious classmates.  I never thought I would be sending my child to school so young; but with doctor's recommendations, I knew we had to.  And with the improvements we have seen in John David's social skills (and social tolerances) since doing so, I am so thankful that we did.

  
My sleepy boy as he headed out the door Wednesday, his second morning of school.

The Lord is good.  His ways are kind and wise.  They're different than ours, but - of course - they are right.  I am so thankful that we serve a Mighty God, Who's sovereign over all things, and Who cares about EVERY LITTLE DETAIL.  

   

4 comments:

Melanie Campbell said...

John David looks so big in this picture! I am SO glad to hear that he is doing well in school! I've been praying for him. That picture of Dave & the kids is precious! Both of the kids look so little in it! They are growing so fast! Love you! :)

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Thank you so much for your prayers, sweet Melanie. The Lord is good, and oh so faithful! Sending our love to you too :)

Karen said...

I've read in awhile, so I'm just seeing this. That picture of David and the kids is so my life right now...yes, thank God for husbands who are present (and enjoy it!) On another note, so glad JD is doing great at school. I know that helps mommy a little :)

Karen said...

Katie...meant to say I HAVEN'T read in awhile...