Monday, August 2, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


I am so thankful that God does not drop us on a rocky, muddy road (like Rattlesnake Road that my GPS sent me down the other day as I was trying to find some friends' country abode!) and tell us to fend for ourselves and hope we find our way safely home.  He is with us every step of the way down the path He has allotted each of us to travel.  He sheds light on our steps through His Word and through His Son and promises to preserve us and bring us Home in the end.  He gives us grace and strength to not just survive, but to "be strong and courageous."  Thank you, Sovereign God, that You are in control of it all and are with us wherever we go!

"Have I not commanded you?
Be strong and courageous.
Do not be frightened and do not be dismayed,
for the LORD your God is with you
wherever you go."
Joshua 1:9 (ESV)

No comments: