Thursday, September 2, 2010

Thursday's Thanksgivings


I am very thankful that 
- 4 years ago today - 
we welcomed little 
Eleanor Lynn 
into our family.

There is something special about your siblings' children,
and when sweet Ella was born, it was a very special time for me.


Ella has proven to be a wonderful friend to John David.
I thank the Lord for this very often. 
Ella is sweet and nurturing,
gentle and perceptive,
fun and energetic, 
and loves to join in with John David, no matter what he's doing.

There have been times where both Ella and John David have talked about marrying the other.  Though we parents would not share in their enthusiasm about this idea, I do pray the Lord brings someone like Ella into my son's life down the road.  I do think she compliments him very well. :)

Here are some pictures of Ella and John David back in April.
I was delighted to look back over these and remember that fun, spring afternoon.
These two sure love each other.

















~ We Love You, Ella ~
Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Thank you for posting this, Katie! They are such beautiful pictures. You have been such a wonderful aunt to Ella these 4 years. She loves you so much!