Monday, July 19, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


As I sit to type this tonight, I am convicted that too often God's Word is NOT at the forefront of my heart and mind.  "Your Word is a lamp to our feet," O Lord; we are lost and wandering without it.  I pray for grace to teach Your Word diligently to my children; to speak of it when I sit, when I rise, when I walk by the way.  I pray that Your Word shall indeed be on my heart and bound as frontlets between my eyes (Deuteronomy 6: 6-9).    

With that being said, I want to be more and more intentional to meditate on God's Word throughout the week.  I plan to try and memorize the verses that fall in between verses 17 and 21 of this chapter that I made note of last Monday.  

18 "The LORD is near to all who call on Him, 
to all who call on Him in truth. 
19 He fulfills the desire of those who fear Him; 
He also hears their cry and saves them.  
20 The LORD preserves all who love Him, 
but all the wicked He will destroy."
Psalm 145: 18-20 (ESV)

No comments: