Thursday, July 29, 2010

Thursday's Thanksgivings


I was more than happy to stay up late Tuesday night to greet my husband upon his return from New York.  The kids were thrilled to wake up and see their Daddy Wednesday morning.  We are so thankful to have David home!  And we're thankful for how the Lord used this mission trip in the lives of our youth, as well as - I pray - the lives of those whom they were able to serve.  David and a team of adults took our a good portion of our youth group to upstate New York to serve alongside the Attaway family - some precious Alabamians who made the move up north.  Among other things on the trip, David was very encouraged by his time our friends.  


I am so grateful for the help that my parents - along with David's - offered during our time being husband/daddy-less.  My parent's graciously let the kids and I move in with them for a couple of days and nights, and David's parents checked in on us frequently.  


David and I were able to have a last minute, yet much needed dinner-and-a-movie date tonight.  I'm so thankful for time like this with my oh-so-fun (and handsome) husband!  And special thanks to JoJo and Pap for accepting the spur of the moment request to keep the kiddos.  They had a great time :) 


Last - but definitely not least - I want to mention how thankful I am for my friend Melanie.  If you visit our blog from time to time, then I'm sure that "Miss Melanie" is no stranger to you.  Ever since Claire was born, Melanie has so graciously served our family and more than willingly helped me out with the kids (and provided needed grown-up conversation and friendship :) specifically when David is working.  She also was a tremendous blessing to us during big family events, like my brother's wedding and John David's birthday party.  Because of Melanie, I was able to really focus and enjoy Kameron's wedding weekend as well as John David's party . . . where she pretty much did ALL of the work!


Melanie will be heading to Louisville, KY next week, where she will be attending Boyce College.  Words cannot express how thankful I am for this time that we have be blessed to have Melanie with us.  There is nothing we could do that could pay her back for ALL that she has done for our family.  I pray that the Lord will bless her a hundred fold for how she has lavished unselfish blessings upon us, as well as so many others.  Melanie is a true servant who loves to give.  We are so grateful to have been recipients of her generosity for over the past 10 months now.  


Melanie and I have been friends for a while now, but since she started coming to help with the children, our friendship has most definitely flourished.  I have found this stage of life a difficult one for me to have/maintain friendships well.  The demands of two small children are great, taking much time and energy.  Melanie is one who always comes to our house and flexibly works around our often crazy schedules.  I am thankful for her friendship.


Melanie ~ My children love you, David and I love you, and we are so thankful for your life and the ministry you have had to our family.  We are indebted to you for so much.  But, we know that you have received joy in serving us, for the Lord has indeed wired you with the heart of a servant, as well as one that has tasted the reality that "it's more blessed to give."   We are thrilled to see the opportunities the Lord allots for you to serve and give during this new chapter you're about to begin.  And I am so grateful that we live in this age of technology where goodbyes are not "official"; AND, much more than that - like you said in your post - as brothers and sisters in Christ, we will be united one day in heaven . . .  forever!  May the Lord bless you for being a blessing to so many.  We will miss you, "Miss Melanie".   Thank you for EVERYTHING!  


Below are a few of my favorite pictures that Melanie has taken of my little ones over the past months.  Like I said . . . only a FEW - she's taken SO many, which is another reason for a HUGE "THANK YOU!"  


  













Miss Melanie and the Kizziah kids, who love her so much!


4 comments:

Melanie Campbell said...

Katie! What an unexpected joy to see your post this morning! :) I am so thankful to have spent this last year with your family, and I love you all SO much! I know that the Lord has used you & David in so many ways to encourage and build me up during this time, you've both been such a blessing. I'm so grateful that I was able to have this time with the kids as well. John David is such a wonderful little boy - I'm so glad he likes to play with me now! It's been so special for me to see Claire grow from just a tiny one week old to the big 10 month old that she is today! I love both of your kids so much!

I love you all - and yes, thankfully we live in an age with such great technology! We will definitely keep in touch (I'm demanding that we skype at least every two weeks so the kids don't forget me!) ;) Looking forward to visiting with you & Susan this morning and watching the kids play!

teresa pugh said...

We love you too Melanie. Thank you for your heart and the investment in our family. You are truly a blessing.

Marlene said...

Because of this blog, I feel like I know Miss Melanie and I will be praying that God will continue to work in and through her in this new stage of life!

Melanie Campbell said...

T ~ I love all of the Kizziahs and I'm so thankful I've been able to share in a small part of your lives. :)

Thank you, Marlene! Your prayers are greatly appreciated! :)