Thursday, July 8, 2010

Thursday's Thanksgivings


"But this I call to mind, 
and therefore I have hope:
The steadfast love of the LORD never ceases; 
His mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning; 
great is Your faithfulness.
'The LORD is my portion,' says my soul,
'therefore I will hope in Him.'"
Lamentations 3:21-24

Today the Lord kindly recalled to my mind the overwhelming assurance of His great faithfulness.  His steadfast love, His mercies that are unending and new each morning, indeed give us a reason to have hope.  

I was listening to a cd that my friend Melanie gave me - (Thanks so much, Melanie!) - and an instrumental version of Great is Thy Faithfulness began to play.  As I started to sing the words in my head, the sweet truth that "All I have needed Thy hand hath provided" blanketed my heart and mind.  

Thank You, LORD, for the gracious reminders of Your sovereignty over every detail of our lives.  Thank You, LORD, for your faithfulness!    

No comments: