Tuesday, November 2, 2010

More Blessed to Give

Yesterday, David's mom (affectionately "JoJo":) came by to spend some quality time with our kids (well, and us too - though I did take advantage of her being there to make an overdue trip to Publix.)  She brought supplies with her to compile a shoe box for Operation Christmas Child, a ministry of Samaritan's Purse.  I was so glad that she wanted to do this with John David.  I pray that my children will learn early on that Jesus was not lying when He said "it's more blessed to give than to receive" (Acts 20:35).

With the boxes, you put toys and/or other supplies (pencils, crayons, etc.) that will be a blessing and benefit to other children around the world.  You can also include notes and messages of God's love for them.  I hope that you - if not already - will check out the website above and see how you can be a part of sharing Christ's love in other countries in a simple, tangible way. 

I was in the kitchen this morning, and John David ran through the living room, mentioning something about "making a shoe box."  I didn't know exactly what he was up to, but I was thrilled to find this a few minutes later.  


Though not a "shoe box" and though the toys didn't quite fit, it was the thought that counted, right?  Hey, the "thought" is what I'm going for at this point! :)  Thank you, JoJo, for initiating this hands-on experience for John David and for letting him help you last night. 

Lord, please instill in my children hearts that are compelled to give, 
for the sake of Your name!
And please use the boxes (those that are in fact being sent out) 
as a means of spreading Your glory to the nations.
Amen.

2 comments:

JoJoKizz said...

What a sweet boy. I guess he was understanding what we were doing!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

I know. I was so glad to see that. Thank you again, sweet JoJo. That meant so much to David and me. . . and John David, obviously :)