Monday, November 1, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


"But be doers of the word, 
and not hearers only, deceiving yourselves."
James 1:22 (ESV)

Not much else needs to be said about this familiar verse.

But that's often the problem:
the "basics" of Christianity have become so familiar to us that we many times forsake them.

We may get caught up in some of the "nonessentials" of our faith, 
all the while neglecting the most important of essentials.


May we not be deceived, only hearing the word (which often is very familiar to our ears) 
but not letting it permeate every facet of our lives.


May we heed God's commands, 
living them out through faith in the work and righteousness of Christ.  


In closing, I wanted to honor my parents, who are indeed authentic "doers of the Word." 
 Yesterday, we were excited to be able to join the congregation at the church where my father pastors for their "5th Sunday luncheon." This Sunday was special though, as the church was honoring my mom and dad - to their surprise - for their faithful service to the Lord as they pour out their lives in shepherding this body of believers.

I am so thankful for the ministry of my parents.
Not only have they eternally impacted their children (and our spouses and children),
but they continue to impact lives for the glory of God every day.

Thank you, Mom and Dad,
for being living testimonies of what it looks like to truly 
"be doers of the word,
and not hearers only."

Yes, to GOD be all the glory!   

Our family after the luncheon
(minus my younger brother and his bride, whom we terribly miss!)
I "borrowed" this from my sister-in-law's blog.
Thanks, Lynn! 

And here are just a few more pictures from the weekend.


picture by Grant Premo.
Please check how his sweet (and talented) wife's incredibly fun blog here!

picture by Andrea Hamner (aka Little Red Riding Hood :) 

A little preview of more to come
(hopefully soon - it takes me so long to post pictures sometimes!)

2 comments:

Liza said...

You and David look great!!! Glad the idea worked out!! What a sweet and impressionable impact your parents have made on my life! I love you all!

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Thank you, Liza, for your kind words and encouragement. We love you too!!