Monday, November 15, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


The Lord used chapter 10 of Hebrews to greatly encourage, challenge, and convict my heart this morning.  Though I wanted to choose a passage of Scripture that I felt was attainable to memorize this week, it was hard to not post the entire chapter.  I encourage you to read it when you have a few minutes.  Until then, here are the last 3 verses.  I felt it interesting (purely providential, no doubt) that I read this chapter this morning; for there were several times this weekend that the Lord impressed upon my heart the reality of the brevity of life on earth.  He pressed further, and I became a bit introspective, praying that I'm not wasting time with things that don't matter.  

Oh, Lord, that we - as your children - would endure and not shrink back; 
that we would love and serve and give all that we have until You return.  
Please help us not to waste our lives on empty things that 
do nothing to extol Your name or impact eternity. 
May You be glorified in our efforts 
- efforts that are empty outside of You -
to invest in those things that do indeed last forever, 
namely the Word of God and the souls of men.  
Come, Lord Jesus!  
Please grant us grace to redeem the time and be faithful to the end.        

[36] "For you have need of endurance, 
so that when you have done the will of God you may receive what is promised. 
[37] For, 'Yet a little while, and the coming one will come and will not delay; [38] but my righteous one shall live by faith, and if he shrinks back, my soul has no pleasure in him.' [39] But we are not of those who shrink back and are destroyed, 
but of those who have faith and preserve their souls." (Hebrews 10:36-39 ESV)

No comments: