Friday, April 2, 2010

Comforted Again

I love how God's Word is so applicable and alive!  It is life and joy, a lamp to our feet! (John 6:63, Psalm 119:107John 15:11, Psalm 119:105).  The Lord knows the needs of our hearts each day, and He meets those needs in many ways, often through His Word.

Today being Autism Day stirs up many emotions inside of me.  The Lord has been so faithful to provide David and I peace throughout the autism road so far, reminding us daily of the perfect plan that He has for our son and that He has fearfully and wonderfully made John David, predetermining his days before there was one.  But, I would be lying if I said that sadness, fear and uncertainty never find there way into my mind.  But the Lord is good, and always reminds me of Truth, allowing me to fight away the fear.  One of His kind reminders came today as the VERSE OF THE DAY on the sidebar of our blog:

"I will trust, and will not be afraid; for the LORD GOD is my strength and my song, and he has become my salvation."

Isaiah 12:2 (ESV)

I claim this verse for myself, and particularly John David.  Thank you, LORD GOD, that You are for us exactly what this verse says.  To Your marvelous name be glory and all praise!  Thank you for your never-ending kindness and sufficient grace.  

1 comment:

Melanie Campbell said...

Katie, thinking of John David today - I wore blue in his honor! I am so glad that God made J.D. exactly as he is! He is so unique and his life is such a testimony to God's sweet grace! It's such an encouragement to me to see how you parent him - the support & love you give him is incredible - I hope I will one day be as great mom as you are to both of your sweet children. Much love! :)