Monday, April 12, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


Is there a single day that goes by that we do not need to be reminded of the goodness and sovereignty of our Mighty God?  NO!  I am constantly in need of such reminding; and oh, the comfort that follows when my mind is blanketed by this truth.  Today is one of those days in particular that I needed to focus on the greatness of our God, specifically in regard to how He works all things together for His glory and our good.  My heart has been a bit heavy, worrying about some "what ifs" . . . despite Jesus' command against doing such.  I am praying for grace to heed His words.  (And if you think about it, I would appreciate your prayers for me, too.  Though I may share specifics with you later, the Lord knows them right now!)  

Without sharing details now about what's been going on in my mind, I will share a verse that the Lord used to ease my heart.  This encouraged me a couple weeks ago, and I remembered making mention of it here.  But I knew that I needed to meditate on this verse this week and make sure I have it memorized.  

"Ah, Lord God!  It is You who have made 
the heavens and the earth by Your great power
and by Your outstretched arm!
Nothing is too hard for You."   
Jeremiah 32:17 (ESV) 
   

4 comments:

Melanie Campbell said...

Katie, I think I'll join you in memorizing this verse this week. You are in my prayers ~ you can always call me if you need (or just want!) to talk! I love you. :)

Rachel said...

you know how i feel about what if's ;) praying for you!

teresa pugh said...

How precious and priceless you are to me my sweet girl. Praise God that your ifs are about what will be by the chosen course of life God has created you to champion. and not if onlys of regret from a past that didn't honor Him. He is able and He is kind to His children. We will rest in Him. Thank you for reminding that this morning. Rest in the Lord and wait patiently for Him. He loves you so my Kate.

David and Katie Kizziah said...

Thank you, Melanie, Rachel, & Mom, for your prayers for me. I am SO grateful ~ more than you could know. The Lord is good.