Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Spirit-Filled Living

I hope that those of you reading find as much encouragement in the VERSE OF THE DAY on the sidebar of the blog as I do.  I mean, as you know - I just can't say it enough! - God's Word is SO beautiful and SO applicable to every day.  I am thankful that the verse that comes up ( thank You, Lord, for we know that nothing happens by coincidence!) always seems to be exactly what I need to be reminded of that day.  Oh, I want to know God's Word more and more, so that Scripture is showing up on the screen of my mind like this ALL THROUGHOUT the day!  


"But I say, walk by the Spirit, and you will not gratify the desires of the flesh."



Galatians 5:16 (ESV)



Well, today's verse was no different; exactly what I needed. I pray that the Lord will help me to live by His spirit, to walk in victory over sin and to be effective for His Kingdom.  Thank You, Father, for giving us the gift of Your Spirit (Luke 24:49).  O, blessed be our glorious Triune God!


Ephesians 5:18-21 is another passage - among many others - that encourages us to be filled with the Spirit, instead of stuffed with the things of the world.  And when it is the Spirit that we are filled with, as verse 18 says, we can then actually do the things talked about in verses 19-21.


For more verses on the Holy Spirit, you can conveniently refer to the ESV Study Bible website.  Here, you can search the Scriptures - easily and thoroughly - until your heart's content.  

No comments: