Monday, April 19, 2010

Scripture Memory Monday


Lately, the Lord has been reminding me over and over again that He is good, His ways are good, and His name is to be blessed in no matter what circumstances I may find myself.  Though, as believers, we know the beloved promise of Romans 8:28, along with the glorious reality that our life on earth is a vapor (James 4:14). We are looking beyond the here and now, and instead "looking forward to the city that has foundations, whose designer and builder is God" (Hebrews 11:10).  However, we do indeed experience pain this side of heaven.  Real pain.  But the Lord's grace is nothing short of entirely sufficient, and His Word is the security of our hope.  

But sometimes we cry.  And sometimes we ask "why?"  As long as we are not doubting the promises and the character of God, our tears and questions are okay.  So voice the questions and let the river flow if you need to!  I sure have lately. (David finds it quite interesting that I can cry so quickly, with such an immediate abundance of tears.  My son has seemed to inherit this trait. :)  But my heart has been consoled and put to rest by the Truth of the promises of God's Word . . . promises that we can take to the bank!

So this leads us to the verse that has already comforted my heart the past couple of days.  I thought I'd spend the rest of the week meditating on it.  Whether it is this verse or not, put your mind at ease by the Word of God.  It is our only hope.  

"I rise before dawn and cry for help; 
I hope in Your words."
Psalm 119:147 (ESV) 

  

1 comment:

Melanie Campbell said...

Katie, I am so glad I got to visit with you and Claire today! It's so great to spend time with such a sweet and encouraging friend! I am so glad you shared with me what J.D. told Claire - I have tears in my eyes thinking about it now! :) Please know that you are always in my prayers. I love you, friend! :)
~ Melanie